Create magical memories on a trip to Efteling
The Caribou has partnered with Efteling, one of Europe’s biggest theme parks, to offer one reader a family break for four.
Dubbed ‘the biggest theme park you’ve never heard of’, Efteling is also the oldest theme park in Europe – Walt Disney even paid a visit to get inspiration for his original Disneyland.
This enchanting attraction is located in southern Holland, just 45 minutes from Rotterdam, half an hour from Eindhoven and three and a half hours from Calais – making it easy to get to from the UK.
Open 365 days a year, the park is set in 177 acres of natural forest, where you will find a plenty of unforgettable experiences for children of all ages.
The Fairytale Forest is home to a host of well-known faces, including Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel and Pinocchio. It is also home to the Fairytale Tree, which tells fairy stories to enthralled youngsters. What’s more, in this forest the mushrooms play music and the birds sing – making it all the more magical.
If its thrills you’re after then Efteling does not disappoint. Fast-paced rides include Vogelrok, which sees riders hurtling through the dark, and Baron 1898, a dive rollercoaster with a thrilling 37.5m free-fall into an underground mineshaft at 90kph!
There’s also George and the Dragon, an original double-railed wooden rollercoaster – a real treat for ‘coaster enthusiasts – and the Piraña river rapids.
There’s plenty to discover for those who prefer a more relaxed pace too, including Dreamflight, a world of fairies, trolls and goblins, plus a maze, haunted house, carousel and much more.
The park’s live experiences are also a must-do. Don’t miss the amazing Raveleijn live show based on a mythical city where a group of fearless youngsters try to conquer the evil ruler, Count Olaf Grafhart. It’s an action packed show including stunt horse riders, a disappearing Princess and a five-headed, fire-breathing dragon.
And at the end of the day, don’t miss the incredible Aquanura water show, the biggest in Europe and the third largest in the world after Dubai and Las Vegas. It’s a spectacular display of 200 fountains set to lights, fire and music.
With so much to see and do, one day at Efteling is rarely enough, which is why the park offers a range of accommodation options including hotels, themed suites, cosy woodland cottages, tree houses and lakeside lodges.
Our prize includes two nights ‘accommodation at Efteling’s Loonsche Land Hotel for a family of four with breakfast included, plus three days’ park entry. A return Dover-Calais ferry crossing for a car and four passengers is also included, courtesy of P&O Ferries.
To enter, simply complete the form below before the closing date. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
• The winner must be aged 18 and over
• The closing date is 23:59 on 31 January 2020
• A winner will be picked at random
• The prize consists of: 2 nights at Efteling’s Loonsche Land Hotel with breakfast and three days’ park entry for a family of four, plus return Dover-Calais Channel crossing courtesy of P&O Ferries for a car and 4 passengers (vehicle not provided)
• The holiday must be booked by 1 March 2020
• Booking is subject to availability
• Holiday must be taken by 20 December 2020
• Once booking is confirmed, a voucher will be issued, which is non-transferable
• The stay must occur within the validity date
• In case of the winner cancelling less than 15 days before the guests’ arrival date, the voucher will be considered redeemed
• To book, winner must email email@example.com
• Please show the confirmation letter at check in
• Employees of TI Media and its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter
• Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties; any such entries will be invalid
• The promoter cannot accept responsibility for entries that are incomplete or delayed
• The winners will be the specified number of winners and/or runners-up drawn at random after the closing date
• All winners will be notified within 28 days of the draw
• The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and binding
• The promoter is The Caribou, TI Media, 161 Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf, London, E14 9AP
• Entry implies acceptance of these rules